2002 Lamborghini Murcielago Sketch
The Lamborghini Murciélago is a GT and supercar automobile made by Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. and designed by Luc Donckerwolke. It was introduced in 2002 as the successor to the Diablo. The body style is a two door, two seat coupé.
An open-top version called the Murciélago roadster was introduced in 2004 for the 2005 model year. The roadster features similar performance to the coupe with a more aggressive rear flank, as well as a considerably higher price tag.
The Murciélago sports a 6.2 L version of the legendary Lamborghini V12 engine, a six speed manual or six speed e-gear sequential gearbox and All Wheel Drive. It also has a rear spoiler that can be raised to an angle of 70 degrees, the side mirrors fold in to increase aerodynamics and side scoops that automatically open to the needed size to let in just the right amount of air needed to cool its engine. The name Murciélago comes from a bull that survived 24 sword strokes in an 1879 fight at the arena of Cordoba, and fought with such passion and spirit that the matador chose to spare its life, a rare honor. In another Lamborghini tie-in, the bull was later presented as a gift to Don Antonio Miura, a noted breeder, and went on to sire a line of famous fighting bulls. Murciélago also means bat in Spanish, and a Murciélago roadster is featured briefly in the movie Batman Begins. The coupe's base price is US$ 273,000, which is US$90,000 more than its smaller sibling, the Lamborghini Gallardo.
Lamborghini Murcielago Sketch model 2002 gallery
- 2001 Lamborghini Diablo 6.0
- 2002 Lamborghini Murcielago Barchetta Concept
- 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP650-4 Roadster
- 2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept
- 2003 Lamborghini Murcielago 40th Anniversary Edition
- 2010 Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2
- 2005 Lamborghini Concept S
- 2005 Lamborghini Gallardo SE
- 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Versace
- 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Nera
- 1966 Lamborghini 350 GTS Spider
- 1968 Lamborghini Islero
- 1973 Lamborghini Jarama
- 1981 Lamborghini Jalpa
- 1968 Lamborghini Miura Roadster